General Information | Staff |
Schedule, Availability and Cost | Parent Reminders
Monthly Calendar | Monthly Newsletter | Pictures
The Kids Klub program is for families who need a safe, fun place for their children to go during the week after school, as well as when school is not in session (spring, summer, and winter breaks, pro-d days, etc). This program is open to all children who are six to eleven years of age.
The Kids Klub is open 2:30pm - 5:30pm for after school care, when school is in session. The staff walk over to the Elementary school to pick up the children. On days when school is not in session, like summer break for example, the Kids Klub is open 8:30am - 5:30pm. Parents are responsible for dropping off their children on these days.
At the Kids Klub program, we offer a safe, fun, and energetic environment. We set up a wide variety of activities for the group through out the week, such as hikes, gym time, craft projects, playground adventures, bowling, tours of local businesses and popcorn/movie days. Not only do we plan day-to-day activities, we also have many cool things such as a Karaoke machine, computer and games, movies and books, air hockey table, and more. It's a great way to spend the afternoon!
Allison Baskett grew up in Osoyoos and learned much about children from her mother, who taught Kindergarten for decades. She has education in health, safety, and nutrition as well as first aid. Allison loves doing crafts, playing board games, and highly values the importance of outdoor play for children who have been in school all day.
Schedule, Cost, and Availability
On School Days
When school is in session, the program runs 2:30pm - 5:30pm for after school care, Monday to Friday. For the cost of children in Kindergarten, please see the daycare page. The cost for Grade One and Up is as follows:
5 days a week: $235.00 a month
4 days a week: $205.00 a month
3 days a week: $165.00 a month
2 days a week: $125.00 a month
1 day a week & drop in: $20 a day
Payment is due in full on the 1st of each month.
Pro-D days, Winter, Spring, and Summer Breaks for Grade One and Up:
2 – 5 days/week: monthly rate + $12/day
1 day/week & drop in: $30/day
The centre is closed on weekends, as well as all stat holidays (New Years Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday, Victoria Day, Canada Day, BC Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Remembrance Day, Christmas Day, and Boxing Day). We are also closed for a week during the winter holidays.
Here are some pointers and reminders for parents to help make each day as smooth as possible for you, your child, and the staff.
- Parking and gates: Remember to keep doors and gates closed behind you and remember to be careful in the parking lot. Please do not leave vehicles running when you pick up or drop off your child.
- Lunches and Snacks: When school is in session, children are reminded to bring a snack to eat after school. When the children are here all day on school breaks, they must bring at least 2 satisfying snacks, a fulfilling lunch and a drink. We ask that all food and drinks brought to the centre be healthy and nutritious.
- Sick policy: If your child is sick, we ask that you make other care arrangements until your child is better. Sick children have a hard time keeping up with the other children, plus it makes the staff and the other kids sick, which is a hard cycle to stop. A general rule of thumb: if it's more than a sniffle or a tickle, the child can not come to the centre until he/she is well. If your child arrives to the centre sick, we will call you to come pick up him/her.
- Personal belongings: Any items that children bring to the centre are their responsibility and if there are difficulties with the items amongst the children, the staff will put them in the owner's backpack or in his/her cubby. Also, please remember to put your child's name on items they will be bringing so that they can be easily identified.
- Late Pick Up: The centre closes at 5:30pm. We ask that parents arrive in time to get their child ready to go and speak with staff before we close. In the event that your child is picked up after 5:30 pm, a late pick up fee of $20 for the first 15 minutes and an additional $1 per minute after that PER CHILD will apply.
- Dress: Please remind your child to dress according to the weather (pack extras in case of weather changes) as we do play outside on a regular basis. Please keep in mind that we use messy materials, such as paint and glue, so children attending should wear their play clothes. The children must wear shoes at all times, and we prefer runners as sandals are often slippery and are the cause of many accidents. We suggest that each child has a spare change of clothing with them in case of spills and other accidents.
- Summer time: During the hot summer months, please ensure your child has proper walking shoes, a hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, a refillable drink container, a bathing suit and a towel each day.
- If your child will not be attending on a scheduled day: Be sure to call us and let us know if your child will not be attending the Kids Klub on a scheduled day. Staff can get quite worried when they go to the school to pick up the children, and a child doesn't show up.
- Cubbies: Please be sure to check your child's cubby daily as all newsletters, bills, and receipts will be placed in there for you. Thanks!